Build your career with us. The Calgary TELUS Convention Centre is a team of experienced and talented people from across Canada and around the world.
We’re currently looking for people to fill these posts:
SECURITY SERVICES AGENT
The mandate of the Security Services is to deliver professional and results-oriented security services to the Calgary TELUS Convention Centre business units, visitors and clients, including, but not limited to, life safety, and emergency response.
Reporting to the Security Manager, the Security Services Agent is responsible for maintaining the security and safety of people and property within and surrounding the Calgary TELUS Convention Centre, including +15 connections, and for providing ancillary business and customer services to other staff members, clients and the public.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety and security of people and property through regular interior and exterior security patrols.
- Demonstrate an understanding of customer requirements and provide quality service in accordance with company and regulatory standards.
- Complete assigned duties in accordance with internal policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Perform emergency operations and coordinate necessary services with local law enforcement and municipal agencies as needed.
- Manage access control systems including issuing, modifying, and retrieving keys and cardkeys.
- Coordinate and complete event Security Services requests and work orders as required.
- Facilitate and coordinate contracted security services, medical services and pay duty officer requirements as required.
- Monitor security cameras for surveillance and investigation as needed.
- Respond to incidents involving unauthorized persons.
- Investigate incidents and complete required documentation.
- Complete and maintain Security Services records and inventories.
- Acquire and maintain adequate certification or training as required.
- Adhere to Centre’s safety and performance standards.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Liaise with clients, contractors, service providers, employees and other stakeholders.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Experience and Assets
Must possess and maintain a valid Government of Alberta Security Services license and meet all requirements as defined by the Security Services and Investigators Act & Regulations;
- Certification in first aid, CPR and defibrillator use;
- Excellent customer services and time management skills;
- Basic computer knowledge and skills;
- Excellent verbal communication, written, and presentation skills;
- Able to work in a team environment or independently as required;
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving/trouble shooting skills;
- High School Diploma (post-secondary in a related field is an asset);
- There are no guaranteed hours of work with these casual positions.
Submit a cover letter and resume to:
Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
120 Ninth Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0P3