The CTCC has been an environmental steward for more than 25 years. Our operating standards are founded on environment-friendly practices, which we constantly review and update.
- Installing 10-kilowatt solar panels to reduce our draw on the provincial grid by 14,000 kilowatt/hours a year
- In tandem with the Glenbow Museum, further reducing electrical consumption in 2015 by 2.2 million kilowatt/hours
- Selecting building systems, office equipment and low-flow water fixtures that operate with optimal energy efficiency
- Buying renewable green power
- Adopting extensive recycling and reduction programs across the entire facility
- Using green cleaning products and recycled paper products whenever possible.
See more details in our Eco Handout.
CTCC has received the Building Owners and Managers Association Building Environmental Standards Level 3 certification. This program recognizes and rewards environmental leadership in the commercial real estate industry. Level 3-certified buildings have higher performance and demonstrate excellence in energy management energy and environmental performance over several years.
Go Green BOMA Environment Award
The CTCC was the first building in Alberta to be certified BOMA Go Green. BOMA Go Green focuses on five key areas in commercial buildings: resource consumption (energy), waste reduction and recycling, building materials, interior environment and tenant awareness.